2 – 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 clove garlic, minced
2 – 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Sauté spinach in 1 tablespoon of oil until soft, 5 – 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, salt and pepper. Add the spinach, garlic, feta and parsley.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. When the butter has melted, tilt the skillet to coat it with the fat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and lower the heat to medium-low and cook for a minute or so, then give the pan a few shakes to make sure the eggs are loose on the bottom. It they are sticking, loosen them with a thin rubber spatula. Cook eggs until they are set and the top is nearly dry, about 10 minutes.
- Put the frittata 4 to 6 inches under the broiler to finish cooking the top, just a few minutes.
- Remove and invert frittata onto a serving plate.