Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 8 to 9 pieces dried chilies
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¾ cup zucchini, cubed
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup peanuts, skinned
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (for sauce)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar(for sauce)
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch(for sauce)
- 3 teaspoons sugar (for sauce)
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil (for sauce)
- 1 tablespoon water (for sauce)
- Combine chicken with the marinade ingredients then mix well. Set aside.
- Make the sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients and mixing thoroughly. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil in a wok then apply heat.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken for 3 to 4 minutes or until the color turns light to medium brown. Transfer to a container and set aside.
- Using the same wok, remove excess oil and sauté dried chilies, ginger, and garlic
- Add zucchini and red bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes
- Put-in the deep-fried chicken, salt, and peanuts then cook for 3 to 5 minutes
- Make a little space by pushing the ingredients on the side of the wok then pour the sauce mixture on the surface.
- Stir the sauce for a few seconds then mix with the other ingredients. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!