Adapted from Je sais cuisiner by Ginette Mathiot
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets, cut stem into ½ inch thick pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups chicken broth
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 Tablespoons butter
Salt and white pepper to taste
Fresh chives or scallions, slivered (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss cauliflower in olive oil and salt and pepper. Place cauliflower on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently heat chicken stock in saucepan. When cauliflower is ready (tender), add it to the stock, and with an immersion blender, puree the cauliflower with the stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, quickly stir the beaten egg yolks into the soup, then stir in the butter. Adjust seasonings.
- Garnish with fresh chives or slivered scallions (if using).